Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

These were so fun and easy






I went to Lowe's and bought some ceramic tiles for about .65 cents each and decoupaged pictures and images printed out from my printer with modge podge. I also used decorative paper from DCWV (Die cuts with a view) and printed out the quote on the Sister tile and tea stained the paper to make it look aged.
When they dried I spray a few coats of sealer I buy from Walmart for about 1.50 a can.
You can buy a little metal easel to display them as shown in the pictures.
The first one I made for a Yorkie lover friend and the second one I made to give to my Sister Barbara when she came from Oklahoma for a visit.

These make nice gifts which can be personalized many,many ways, best of all just for under a few bucks!
I used to this technique to make a set of coasters too using smaller tiles.







<

2 comments:

Betsy's Closet said...

That's a really good idea!

Janis Lewis said...

This is so inspiring! I have a huge lot of floor ceramic tiles we aren't using just sitting outside under the shed. I think I need to get the Mod Podge out and try it! Did you get the metal display easels at Walmart too? How clever!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a message!