Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

In Memory of my Mother

Isn't it funny how you will start a project with something in mind and it takes a new direction? I started this thinking I was going to make a memo/recipe holder for my kitchen which is done in a coffee theme..lol

It will be six years ago on the 17th that I lost my Mom to lung cancer. Not a day goes by that I don't think of and miss her terribly, at times it seems like only yesterday and sometimes like forever...
What I wouldn't give to hear her laugh, have a glass of her sweet tea with her at her kitchen table,one last hug..... I could go on and on.
Grief is a funny thing ... some days it seems like you are getting past the sadness that has taken over your heart and then with the blink of the eye, it's back,full force.
Please, cherish every moment you have with your parents, I have often said "No matter how old you are when they are gone you feel orphaned."

"I love you Mom"

I hope that
when people look at me
they see a
little bit of you .


4 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Oh Lizzy, What a beautiful tribute to your Mother. Your Mom sounds like a wonderful lady and she has such a beautiful smile in her picture. I'm sending you a hug. Love 'ya Lizzy!
Blessings,
Mary

Janis Lewis said...

How beautiful. Thank you for sharing something so close to your heart. I love it.

Unknown said...

A beautiful tribute. I sympathise - it was around the same time I lost my Dad - similar thing.

Debi said...

Thank you Claire. I'm sorry for your loss, I also lost my Dad, 3 1/2 years ago.
Hugs, Lizzy

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a message!